Would you jump? Or would you chicken out?
We filmed it all with six cameras and several microphones. It was important for us not to conceal the fact that this was an arranged situation, and thus we chose to show the microphones within the frame. Ultimately, about 70 percent of those who climbed did jump. We noticed that the presence of the camera as well as the social pressure (from those awaiting their turn beside the pool) pushed some of the participants to jump, which made their behavior even more interesting.
Maximilien Van Aertryck and Axel Danielson are documentary filmmakers based in Gothenburg, Sweden, who have worked together since 2013.
AWARDS – Best Short Film, Göteborg Film Festival
– Best Short Film, Jihlava Int. Documentary Film Festival
– Best Short Film, Mo & Friese Hamburg Children’s Short Film Festival
– Best Short Film, Anonimul Int. Independant Film Festival
– Best Short Documentary, Milwaukee Film Festival
– Best Short Documentary, Osen Film Festival
– Eclectic Prize, Message to Man Int. Film Festival
– Special Mention of the Jury and Audience, Lago Film Fest
– Special Mention of the Jury and Audience, Kinemastik Int. Short Film Festival